[sane-devel] Sane and HP C6270A 3828

Peter Kirchgessner peter@kirchgessner.net
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 19:41:44 +0100

Hi,

when generating scanimage from source, you usually do a ./configure
without a --prefix. Then the executables are stored in /usr/local and
also the configuration directory is at /usr/local/etc/sane.d. So maybe
you have two version of SANE on your machine. The SANE-libraries from
your distribution under /usr/lib and the libraries from your own
compilation under /usr/local/lib.
You can try to remove the SANE-package using your administration tools
of your Linux distribution. But it may complain that too many other
packages require that.
A brute force to remove the SANE-libraries under /usr/lib is just to
remove everything relating to sane below that directory.
Then you should add /usr/local/lib to the file /etc/ld.so.conf and run a
ldconfig. Then the command

ldd scanimage

should show you from where the libraries are fetched. And then you
should check again /usr/local/etc/sane.d/hp.conf and dll.conf if they
fit your needs.

Sincerely

Peter

--