[sane-devel] Which scanner for doing good OCR under Linux ?

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer@libertysurf.fr
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 00:00:29 +0200

Dear all,

I'm blind, and I would like to buy a scanner to read books under Linux.
This scanner should be as fast as possible, and the scanned image should be
of sufficient quality to allow an OCR to do a fine job with it.

Apart from DPIs, which parameters can influence the quality of the text
recognition ?

Considering that the price of the scanner does not really matter, which
one, according to you, is suited for doing OCR ?

Thank you very much in advance for your help and suggestions.

Regards,
Sébastien.