[sane-devel] backends-1.0.14 scsi epson

abel deuring adeuring@gmx.net
Sat, 01 May 2004 19:38:43 +0200

Klaus Dittrich wrote:
> I have an EPSON-1640 with an ADF.
>
> Since I use linux-2.6 which still has trouble with USB I was
> forced to use the SCSI-Interface of the scanner.
>
> The last sane-backends version that the scanner works with
> is still 1.0.12.
>
> I looked into the code of sane-backends-1.0.14 last day and tried
> to find out why it not worked with my scanner _and_ the ADF.
>
> I found that it works again if I comment out in feed()/epson.c
>
> /*
> if (SANE_STATUS_GOOD != (status = expect_ack (s)))
> {
>   close_scanner (s);
>   return status;
> }
>
> return status;
> */
>
> and instead add simple
>
> expect_ack (s);
> return SANE_STATUS_GOOD;
>
> expect_ack here always returns 9.
>
> Starting with backend-1.0.13 the sanei_scsi layer has changed
> and therefore I assume a bug in the scsi status handling, because
> expect_ack() has not changed since sane-backends-1.0.12.
>
> Maybe one of the sanei_scsi developers can help here ?

As far as I can see, the only changes in sanei_scsi.c after the release
of sane-backends-1.0.12 affecting Linux are indentation fixes and
similar "formal" modifications. But the "real" code is the same. So I
don't think that your problems are related to sanei_scsi.c. Anyway,
could you send me the log output from trying a scan with the backend
version 1.0.12 and a newer version,  while SANEI_DEBUG_EPSON and
SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI are set to 255?

Abel