[sane-devel] Mustek 1200 UB PLUS

gerard klaver gerard@gkall.hobby.nl
Sun, 02 May 2004 21:08:28 +0000

On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 18:00, pieterkristensen@ilse.nl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Mandrake 92 on my i586 computer. Only one time I was able to scan. After reboting the system it was impossible. I looked on the sane-webside and couldn't find my scanner in any list. Mandrake says it detects a Mustek Bearpaw 1200 CU scanner. Would this be correct?
> I tried to de-install all sane-rpms and install again, but it had no use. I tried more things but without result. Can someone give a good sugestion?
>
> Pieter.

check your vendor and product id of your scanner (sane-find-scanner -v
-v (as root).

check if that are the values for the bearpaw 1200 cu.
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-backend/

also check your hotplug and libusb setup.

when using libusb with a 2.4 kernel place in the hotplug blacklist:
scanner
see also : www.sane-project.org/README.linux
--
m.vr.gr.