[sane-devel] SANE w/OmniPage Pro X and OSX.2.6

Fritz Lang mtropicl@optonline.net
Tue, 04 May 2004 09:01:52 -0400

Hello all,

I'd been in contact with Karl Heinz Kremer and he has given me info
on how to edit the backend for my Epson 636U scanner.
I did it.  I'm not conversant with Terminal.

In any case, I'd like to use OmniPage Pro X under OSX.2.6 to use my
Epson scanner without starting up "Classic".

This is the command

  pico /usr/local/etc/sane.d/epson.conf

and this is the result of that edit

# epson.conf
#
# here are some examples for how to configure the EPSON backend
#
# SCSI scanner:
scsi EPSON
#
# Parallel port scanner:
#pio 0x278
#pio 0x378
#pio 0x3BC
#
# USB scanner - only enable this if you have an EPSON scanner. It could
#               otherwise block your non-EPSON scanner from being
#               recognized.
#               Depending on your distribution, you may need either the
#               first or the second entry.
#usb /dev/usbscanner0
#usb /dev/usb/scanner0

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,