[sane-devel] Cannot compile xsane 0.92 with Gimp 2 plugin

John Hunt john.lists@yoredale.uklinux.net
Thu, 13 May 2004 19:45:14 +0100

Hello

I am trying to compile xsane 0.92 with the patch for gimp 2.0.  Configure fails to
enable the plugin because the gimp test fails.

The output of configure contains:
checking for GIMP - version >= 1.3.23... *** Could not run GIMP test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GIMP is incorrectly installed.

config.log contains this line:
conftest.c:80:26: libgimp/gimp.h: No such file or directory

I have installed gimp 2.0 from sources, with prefix /usr/local (the default). It appears to
work ok.  gimp.h exists at
/usr/local/include/gimp-2.0/libgimp/gimp.h

Presumably I need to tell config where to find gimp.h.  Can anyone advise me how to do that?

The system is Mandrake 9.2.

Thanks
...John
John Hunt