[sane-devel] more :: help! :: sane :: plustek opticslim m12

Fri, 28 May 2004 19:47:48 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 01:55:56AM -0700, Ciprian Manea wrote:
> Well, looks like me and myself have a problem. Anyway,
> one more question for you:
>
> I'd like to scan with this beauty (opticslim
> m21)documents longer than A4.

Well, I guess first you want to be able to scan at all with SANE :-)

Are you still talking about the m12?

> Is this "maximum A4
> page" something built in firmware, or should I study
> the sane-* code and find the answer there? (in other
> words, can I program the motor to continue scanning
> and not eject the page when it reached A4 lenght?)

Oh, that scanner has an automatic document feeder? As far as I know,
that's the first time a GT6816-Scanner uses one of those.

At least with GT68XX flatbed scanners you can scan more than A4. There
is no limit in hardware or frimware. When you scan more than the
scanner case makes possible, the scan head will touch the wall the
motor will produce a strange sound. I'm not sure about ADF scanners
but most probably you'll be able to also scan more than A4.