[sane-devel] epson 2400 neg scans

insane@piments.com insane@piments.com
Fri, 28 May 2004 22:12:12 +0200

Thanks for the reply Henning.

when I check out the site for the snapscan backend suggested for 1670
( http://snapscan.sourceforge.net/ )there is no mention of the "1670
Photo" nor transparency scan capability.

This may make sence since this is fairly generic backend offering "good"
support for the Epson 1670 acccording to your reference.

This contradics the page I refered to on your site listing supported Epson
scanners. http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#EPSON

Here it is listed as "basic" support.

I am looking at buying a film capable scanner for use with Linux , I am
not going to chose one which is not fully supported.

You seem to be pretty close to the dev-edge on this one , your information
may be more upto date than this info in these pages.

Can you tell me the state of support for "Epson 1670 Photo" under SANE.

Thanks very much for your help , Peter.

--
Using M2, Opera's e-mail client: on Gentoo Linux