[sane-devel] epson 2400 neg scans

Sat, 29 May 2004 08:25:19 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 10:12:12PM +0200, insane@piments.com wrote:
> when I check out the site for the snapscan backend suggested for 1670
> ( http://snapscan.sourceforge.net/ )there is no mention of the "1670
> Photo" nor transparency scan capability.

True. I was just responding to your statement that the Epson 1670 is
not supported by SANE. If nobody contradicted that statement, people
would use google and find that it's not supported.

> This may make sence since this is fairly generic backend offering "good"
> support for the Epson 1670 acccording to your reference.
>
> This contradics the page I refered to on your site listing supported Epson
> scanners. http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#EPSON
>
> Here it is listed as "basic" support.

Ooops. You have just found a bug. When sane-backends 1.0.14 was
released, I forgot to upload the new lists of scanners. The list
still reports the status of 1.0.13. Thanks for mentioning.

> I am looking at buying a film capable scanner for use with Linux , I am
> not going to chose one which is not fully supported.
>
> You seem to be pretty close to the dev-edge on this one , your information
> may be more upto date than this info in these pages.
>
> Can you tell me the state of support for "Epson 1670 Photo" under SANE.

It is "good". But I can't tell you more as I have never used that
scanner. The snapscan maintainer Oliver Schwartz should be able to
give some details on that topic.