[sane-devel] Canon FS4000 support - any work lately?

Dave Burns dave.burns@comcast.net
Sat, 29 May 2004 12:33:20 -0400

I'm interested in reverse-engineering this scanner. I've looked over the
support page on the SANE site and I see there were some requests for info by
Eric Bachard from this list last August. I emailed him but no reply hence my
mail to the whole list.

I've figured out how to get logs from Canon's own driver on Windows and have
started listing all the SCSI commands and their different parameters. So
far, pretty easy but there's lots to do before completely understanding
things. Before I go further, has anyone else done work on this scanner so
that I avoid duplicating effort? Thanks.

db