[sane-devel] Using an Officejet 7310 with its ethernet connection?

Sunil William Savkar lists.savkar@inthespace.com
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 00:07:51 -0500 (EST)

Is there any way to use my officejet 7310 with sane as a driver.  The
officejet is connected via its ethernet port, so it is not directly
connected via USB.

I have seen references to the HPOJ backend and to the jetdirect system.  I
am using the HP jetdirect interface for printing without problems, but
scanning is a different issue.

So far I tried to add the Officejet's IP address to net.conf, changed
dll.conf to reference net, but otherwise I don't quite see what I can do
to get sane to reach across the network.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sunil