[sane-devel] Using an Officejet 7310 with its ethernet connection?

Scott gnea@garson.org
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 08:46:08 -0600

According to the product specifications, this sounds like a REALLY nice
AIO!  However, it seems that it supports connecting to a USB port and
that would probably be the best method.  The only other scanners that I could
find that have had a workaround for scanning via an ethernet connection
to a SCSI generic device would be a section of the Sharp series.  An
article explaining the process along with links (and likely source code)
can be found here:

http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl5_sane-sharp.htm

I'm not sure if this will work as HP != Sharp and so the code is likely
to be different, but I would definately try hooking it up to the USB
port first and get it working right there, and then trying the ethernet
out.  Good luck!

-Scott

* Sunil William Savkar (lists.savkar@inthespace.com) cobbled forth: