[sane-devel] My Epson Perfection 636 (SCSI) no longer works?

Frédéric Brière fbriere@fbriere.net
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 08:48:37 -0500

> Then your original log is not correct. These lines are from the debug
> output that you provided:
>
> [epson] sane_init, ># SCSI scanner:<
> [epson] sane_init, >#scsi EPSON<
> [epson] sane_init, >scsi /dev/scanner<
>

> This is the output from grep that you posted:
>
> [fbriere] toroia:~ $ grep -v '^#' /etc/sane.d/epson.conf
> scsi EPSON

You have a sharp eye.  I originally had compiled out /proc/scsi support
in the kernel, so scanimage's debugging output was complaining about
that.  I recompiled the kernel, rebooted, and ran scanimage again, which
is the output I provided.  In the meantime, I played a bit with the
config, hence the discrepancy with the earlier commands.

[fbriere] toroia:~ $ grep -v '^#' /etc/sane.d/epson.conf
scsi /dev/scanner

Obviously, I tried both /dev/scanner and EPSON, and they give the same
results (i.e. nothing).

--
             Frédéric Brière    <*>    fbriere@fbriere.net

 =>  <fbriere@abacom.com> IS NO MORE:  <http://www.abacomsucks.com>  <=