[sane-devel] Fujitsu backend questions

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:57:55 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Mattias Kregert wrote:

> Oliver Schirrmeister wrote:
>>
>> There is an option 'sleeptimer'. I think it's the time in minutes(?) until the
>> lamp is turned off. I've not tried it with the 4120.
>>

> Ok, i tried it, and as far as I can see this option doesn't do anything with the 4120... Until i find a better solution, i'll just leave the cover open (turns the lamp off) when i don't use it.
>

>> I don't know about the 4120, but the big brothers of that scanner are able to
>> do a paper length detection. It works fine with TWAIN but I've not
>> implemented it in SANE, yet.
>>

> Are there any standard scsi commands to do this, or does every scanner have its own method for this detection? Would it help if i contact Fujitsu and ask them for a scsi programming manual for the 4120??

non standard. oliver and i both have the interface manual, what we dont
have is time :)

i have been experimenting with double feed and paper jam detection on the
4120 the past few days, and so have been looking at the manual in that
area. it seems that the paperlength detection revolves around the scanner
throwing an error when thedocument is smaller than the window length or
defined paper length, and the driver catching the error. That does not
seem all that useful, but perhaps i am missing something. the docs are
poorly translated from japanese.

you want a copy?

allan