[sane-devel] XPA with HP 7400c (avision backend)

Dag Sverre Seljebotn dss@fredtun.no
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:48:16 +0100

Has anyone got XPA/transparent scanning working with HP 7400c?

It seems like a bug to me: The XPA unit turns itself on and the scanner
head moves into calibration position. Then it locks up.

All I found when googling was references to a bug regarding which
offsets the scanner uses for coordinates when doing transparent
scanning, but that was with the hp backend.

If nobody has got it working:

I do know coding and am interested in fixing the bug myself, as long as
I get some idea about how to proceed (getting to know the whole sane
project structure just for a little bug is a bit much, I just want to
use my scanner). Or perhaps someone could offer some instructions about
filing a bug report - I guess I try to get more info first,
communication logs between the scanner and avision etc. (how to?)

Using the sane builds in Debian testing.

--
Dag Sverre Seljebotn
Fredtun Folkehoyskole, www.fredtun.no