[sane-devel] SnapScan - Epson Perfection 2480 Photo

Julien BLACHE jb@jblache.org
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:51:50 +0100

"Juliane Clausen" <hamsta@web.de> wrote:

Hi,

> thank you, it took me a lot of time to get it running (with kernel
> 2.6.x) but now it works with a startup script that changes the
> user-rights:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> cd /proc/bus/usb/
> find -type f -exec chown root:scanner {} \;
> find -type f -exec chmod 664 {} \;
>
> With the script "libusbscanner" from sane-backends/tools/hotplug it
> didn't work. My script is a bad hack but it works ;-)

Works out of the box if hotplug is running and you install the
libsane.usermap file too :)

By the way, the code in CVS has got a deinterlacer for the snapscan
backend, so you can now scan at 2400 DPI just fine.

For Debian users, I've pulled the deinterlacer from CVS and it's in
libsane 1.0.15-2 in unstable.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>