[sane-devel] using Epson 2480 Photo with sane

Gert Ahrens gert.ahrens@datahighways.de
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 11:25:35 +0100

Hi Oliver, Julien hi folks,

after my last message I'm here again with new "cognitions". I compiled again
with only ./configure and nothing options like as it works one time and now
what should I say? Situation normal, all fucked up!
The error message is the same as before.
[snapscan] Downloading file:/usr/local/etc/sane.d/Esfw41.bin
[snapscan] Cannot open firmware file
 file:/usr/local/etc/sane.d/Esfw41.bin. [snapscan] Edit the firmware
 file entry in snapscan.conf.
[snapscan] sane_snapscan_open: download_firmware command failed:
 Invalid argument
[snapscan] sane_snapscan_exit
After all my steps I disconnect my scanner and connect new. It gets every time
a new hotplug device.  Maybe that's the starting point of a solution?

Best regards
Gert