[sane-devel] xsane-win32 config : "no devices available"

Adam Felix Bogacki afb@paradise.net.nz
Sun, 03 Oct 2004 22:07:20 +1300

re."C:\sane\bin\xsane.exe"

.... after considerable head-scratching I finally RTFM and realised I
had put it in
the wrong directory. Re-installing and unzipping in C:, it now works but
after following
SANE webpage config directions keeps telling me "no devices available".

The scanner works well with xsane on the Deb unstable drive.

I looked at the 'sane-config' file, but it does not seem to have the same
functions as the linux version.

I edited 'C:\sane\etc\sane.d\net.conf' to include the IP adresses of both
my server (midi tower) and my ISP ...
made sure that 'C:\sane\etc\sane.d\dll.conf' contains the uncommented
line 'net',
and that 'C:\sane\etc\sane.d\epson.conf'  contains

> # For libusb support for unknown scanners use the following command
> # usb <product ID> <device ID>
> # e.g.:
>  usb 0x04b8 0x010c
> # And for the scanner module, use the following configuration:
> #usb /dev/usbscanner0
> usb /dev/usb/scanner0

I'm a bit unsure about the last bit because this is being done in WinXP.

Constructive ideas appreciated.

Adam Bogacki,
afb@paradise.net.nz