[sane-devel] microtek2 backend users: please test CVS version of backend

Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:50:18 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 11:52:55PM +0200, Karsten Festag wrote:
> I recently replaced my old microtek parallelport scannner with an Epson 2480
> (what a difference!) and I think I will stop working on the microtek2
> backend. But finally I would like to commit the changes I collected in the
> last time so they don't get lost. Henning, I'll send you the current files
> for the CVS, (I don't think I will need CVS access). They include the changes
> you made.

One issue:
(line 4657):
    if ( !(md->revision=='2.70') && (md->model_flags & MD_RII_TWO_BYTES) )

That looks strange. I've removed the quotes around the 2.70 but you
should double-check if that works.

I've committed your backend to CVS now.

What about the microtek2.desc file? Shouldn't at least the version
number (currently 0.95) be increased? Why not just use the build number?

Is the Microtek Colorpage-EP a newly supported scanner? That one
should also show up in our scanner lists. Is it support complete,
good, basic or minimal?

> I tried to test todays CVS version on my old machine with the old scanner and
> I experienced a compilation problem:

That was my fault. It's fixed now.

By the way: Could you change all references (e.g. on your website) to
mostang.com to www.sane-project.org?