[sane-devel] microtek2 backend users: please test CVS version of backend

Wed, 6 Oct 2004 13:09:02 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 10:44:47PM +0200, Karsten Festag wrote:
> The Genius ColorPage-EP is a OEM version of the Microtek Scanmaker V300. It
> has an additional firmware peculiarity I had to handle so that the support is
> good, like the V300.
> I attach the updated microtek2.desc file. I called the recent version 0.96, I
> used the build number only for internal referencing. Could you please change
> MICROTEK2_MINOR in microtek2.h accordingly?

Done. I've also removed the Genius from the unsupported scanners list.

> > > I tried to test todays CVS version on my old machine with the old scanner
> > > and I experienced a compilation problem:
> >
> > That was my fault. It's fixed now.
>
> I tested again and I get some other errors:
>
> gcc -o sane-find-scanner sane-find-scanner.o
> check-usb-chip.o ../backend/.libs/sane_strstatus.o  ../sanei/libsanei.a ../lib/liblib.a
> -lnsl -lm /usr/lib/libjpeg.so
> /usr/i486-suse-linux/bin/ld: Dwarf Error: Invalid or unhandled FORM value: 14.

Check what the dwarfs are doing inside your computer :-)
I've never seen such an error message.

> /usr/i486-suse-linux/bin/ld: Dwarf Error: Invalid or unhandled FORM value: 14.
> /usr/i486-suse-linux/bin/ld: Dwarf Error: Invalid or unhandled FORM value: 14.
> .../sanei/libsanei.a(sanei_scsi.o): In function `lx_mk_devicename':
> :2491: undefined reference to `rsm_open_device'

Looks like linking to the resource manage library failed. In fact,
it's not in the list of linked libraries after the gcc command.

However, the call is inside #ifdef HAVE_RESMGR so something must have
defined that.

Does the same happen after "make distclean; ./configure; make"?

In this case, check config.log for "resmgr".

There is a small error in the configure script that I've fixed now in
CVS. However, I'm not sure if it can cause that misdetection.

> .../sanei/libsanei.a(sanei_config.o): In function `sanei_config_read':
> sanei_config.o(.text+0x36): undefined reference to `__ctype_b_loc'
> sanei_config.o(.text+0x51): undefined reference to `__ctype_b_loc'

That's even more strange. Looks like some internal error?

Can you please show us the compilation warnings you get in sanei/ (not
only the linker errors)?