[sane-devel] strange problems

Chris McKeever Chris McKeever <techjedi@gmail.com>
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 13:22:31 -0500

I have been wrestling with this for a while now, and not turning up
much through searching the web.  I have installed SANE
sane-backends-1.0.14 and have a CANON lide30 scanner.
At low resolutions it will process fine.  If I go to 300 is fails at
about 75% and anyhting higher wont even start.

I had it working with an LIDE20 - until that unit crapped out - the
optic bar would just pin itself to the edge and grind.

I am connecting to the SANE backend via XSANE from a remote linux box
as well as a remote windows box - very similar results (the connection
itself works, just scanning isnt working well)

Any suggestions?

thanks