[sane-devel] scanning via network

Christoph Knauer christoph.knauer@web.de
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 21:31:15 +0200

--nextPart1547262.qRYlrS05dl

Hi,

I can scan from my server, where the scanner is connected, but i can't scan=
=20
from my network-pc. The only change on the system is a backend-update on th=
e=20
server by using the last sorces of karsten festag.

It seems to be an error in the updatet files, I've just reinstalled the las=
t=20
version before, and suddenly there is no error ...

Thanks

Am Donnerstag, 7. Oktober 2004 19:59 schrieb Henning Meier-Geinitz:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 07:46:20PM +0200, Christoph Knauer wrote:
> > But now there is a network-problem since I'm using this "new"
> > backend-package: I can't scan on my network anymore. To compile only the
> > microtek2-code was changed, all other stuff was used before, too.
>
> If that's true, it's not a network problem.
>
> > When I've a look into my xinetd.log, there are these entries:
> > > 04/10/5@17:49:02: START: sane from=3D192.168.10.1
> > > 04/10/5@23:39:51: EXIT: sane status=3D0 duration=3D21049(sec)
> > > --------------------------^ before using the "new" microtek2
> > > 04/10/6@10:15:59: START: sane from=3D192.168.10.1
> > > 04/10/6@10:15:59: EXIT: sane status=3D127 duration=3D0(sec)
> > > --------------------------^ after using the "new" microtek2
> >
> > I've looked for all my conf-files, and they seems to be unchanged.
> >
> > Any Ideas?
>
> First describe what you do and what your problem actually is. Is the
> network scanner not detected or doesn't it scan?
>
> Log messages from saned?
>
> Bye,
>   Henning

=2D-=20
GPG-Fingerprint: 171A 6F66 52E5 A6CE D664 2427 832F E711 7442 8261
=2D----
alles rund um 1&1 Internet (ISDN, DSL, und vieles mehr)
unter http://www.profiseller.de/shop/christoph-knauer