[sane-devel] niash backend dependencies in backend/Makefile.in

Bertrik Sikken bertrik@zonnet.nl
Thu, 07 Oct 2004 22:49:09 +0200

Hi all,

I just tried sane-backends CVS and found that it did not work
for my hp3300 (niash backend). Scanimage -L complains about
missing 'sanei_scsi_find_devices'. I think this is somehow
pulled in from another sanei function.

I noticed that nearly all other backends have a line in
backend/Makefile.in that declares dependency on sanei_scsi.lo
(the niash backend does not have it)
Adding the following line to backend/Makefile.in made it work
for me:
libsane-niash.la: ../sanei/sanei_scsi.lo

I'm not sure what is going on, perhaps I'm overlooking something.
The patch to sane-backends that we used before the niash backend
was integrated into sane CVS didn't have the
'libsane-niash.la: ../sanei/sanei_scsi.lo'
line either, yet it seemed to work.

Can someone review the correctness of the dependencies in
backend/Makefile.in for the niash backend?
What dependencies are needed for what sanei_functions?

All the best,
Bertrik