[sane-devel] Scanner Button

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 11:34:43 -0400 (EDT)

there has been much discussion in the past, but everyone seems too busy to
actually get anything in writing. search the archives of the sane mailing
list, there where several threads about it in the earlier part of this
year, IIRC.

basically:

front end polling a backend via asking for updates on certain OPTs seems
to be the consensus. details that need work: how to identify which opts,
recommendations for how frontends could display that data, and does the
backend need to be able to specify the polling interval. how the buttons
are affected by the network scanner locking code also seems like a good
topic for discussion.

allan