[sane-devel] Epson 2480 not detected

David Whysong dwhysong@physics.ucsb.edu
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:13:11 -0700

Thanks, but I solved the problem. Sane-backend wasn't building shared
libraries. The libtool script really needs to look in /usr/local/lib
for stuff... (and /usr/lib64 on x86_64 machines!).

BTW, I had already tried scanimage -L as root with various debug
environment variables, and it never gave any extra output (of course,
since it didn't have any drivers to load).

It works nicely now. Thanks!

- David