[sane-devel] Problems with libusb (WAS:Upgrading sane-backend on Mandrake 10.0)

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 18:51:03 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 08:35:28AM -0700, Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
> >You can check by running "sane-find-scanner -v -v". It should print
> >messages about using libusb.
>
> Thanks for your help! But on Sept 29, you wrote:

Oh, different thread, same problem? I usually don't look at the
author's name :-)

> > Oh. That means that SANE isn't built with libusb support. It only
> > searches for /dev/usb/ but not for libusb devices.
> >
> > As your sane-find-scanner program finds libusb devices, maybe you have
> > an old installation of the SANE backends without libusb support that's
> > used by scanimage?
>
> Note that sane-find-scanner DOES find the scanner (using libusb), but
> scanimage does not.

Ok.

> PLEASE, any help would be appreciated - I've been working on this for weeks!

See above. Have you checked if you don't use two different
installations of SANE?

E.g. check sane-find-scanner:
ldd /usr/bin/sane-find-scanner
Check libsane:
ldd /usr/lib/libsane.so.1
And to be safe, check the plustek backend:
ldd /usr/lib/sane/libsane-plustek.so.1
Also check if scanimage is linked to the right sane-backend libs:
ldd /usr/bin/scanimage

You may need to adjust the paths. All should print something about
libusb.

If sane-find-scanner is linked to libusb and libsane isn't, better ask
your distributer what the heck they are doing.