[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1640SU

Terje J. Hanssen nteknikk@monet.no
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:29:27 +0200

John C. Vernaleo wrote:

> I was wondering what the status of the Automatic Document Feeder on the
> Epson Perfection 1640SU.
>
> There is a bug report (#300572) that says it doesn't work with the
> backends 1.0.13, but that is not the most recent version of the backends.
>
> I know it worked with backends 1.0.12 on Fedora Core 1 and that it no
> longer works on Fedora Core 2 with backends 1.0.13 (like the bug report).
> Has anyone tried 1.0.14, or one of the 1.0.15 pre-releases?
>
> I'm willing to compile and install from source if someone has seen it
> work
> (or if doing so could help us find out what the problem is).

I got and posted this Epson 1640SU ADF problem with Sane 1.0.14 on Suse
Linux 9.1 and on SJDS2/Linux.

Another user replied later that also Sane 1.013 on Suse Linux didn't
work. However, stepping back to Sane 1.08 did work on Suse. I did the
same and 1.08 worked for both Suse 9.1 and SJDS/Linux.

Karl Heinz should compare Sane 1.014 vs 1.08 to try to debug the
problem. I haven't heard more about this ;-) maybe now as this is a
problem for more of us?

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2004-August/011733.html
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2004-September/012094.html

Regards,