[sane-devel] Suse-Kernel 2.6.5 and umax astra 1220 S

Wolfram Heider wolframheider@web.de
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 20:24:00 +0200

Hello list,

when I recently updated from Suse 8.2 (2.4er kernel)  to Suse 9.1 with kernel
2.6.5, my scanner, a UMAX Astra 1220 S which had worked well troughout all
the kernel-versons of the last years, was gone without the slightest trace.
scanimage -L, sane-find-scanner and the other little helpers remainend silent
about it.
Maybe it's not a really sane-problem but a controller-problem.
The controller in use is a Dawicontrol DC-2975-C which connected till now over
the sym53c8xx/ncr53c8xx-module.
The strange thing is that with the kernel 2.6.1 of the knoppix
3.4-distribution everthing works as usual.
The Suse-Kernel still comes with the sym53c8xx-module, but something seems to
be wrong with it.
I wasn't very close to the list in the last few months, so perhaps I missed
some relevant stuff - sorry if I ask those damn old questions.
Is anybody out there who expierienced a similar kind of behaviour and has got
a solution for it?

Thanks in advance

Wolfram Heider