[sane-devel] Epson 1250 scanner does not return back after scanning

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf@epkowa.co.jp
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:42:37 +0900

Martin Motovsky <mmotovsk@gnome.sk> writes:

> Dear sirs,
>
> we have a problem with our Epson 1250 scanner. It scans an image correctly,
> but after scanning, a lamp remains be switched on and a scanner's header
> remains at the "end of the image" position. I.e. it does not return back to
> the original home position. Can somebody help us?

The lamp has to be switched off by the software.  I don't know if the
plustek backend does that.

> We have
> - FreeBSD system
> - sane-backends-1.0.14
> - only unmarked driver in the dll.conf if a plustek driver

You may want to try the epkowa backend that comes as part of "Image
Scan! for Linux" which is downloadable via:

  http://www.epkowa.co.jp/english/linux_e/dl_scan.html

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                            EPSON KOWA Corporation, PF1
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/