[sane-devel] Problem scanning with Kooka/Epson Perfection 2400

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf@epkowa.co.jp
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 17:29:23 +0900

"Steven P. Ulrick" <ulrick2@faith4miracle.org> writes:

> Hello, Everyone
> I am having a problem scanning with our Epson Perfection 2400 scanner. =
=C2=A0I=20
> don't know for sure if this is a KDE issue or not.  But I figured that si=
nce=20
> the Scanner Guru's are here, that at the very least you could tell me if =
this=20
> is a problem with SANE or not.
> [...]
> In closing, this same scanner, using Kooka from the CVS HEAD version of K=
DE,=20
> used to work perfectly, never giving me a moment of trouble. =C2=A0Like I=
 stated=20
> earlier, and proved with an example for your viewing, this same scanner t=
hat=20
> does not work with kooka, does work just fine with xsane.

It's not a SANE problem if everything works just fine with xsane.
Both xsane and kooka communicate with your scanner with the same
mechanism.  Something in kooka is screwing around with the scanner
data.

Check what has changed in CVS since your last working version of
kooka.
--=20
Olaf Meeuwissen                            EPSON KOWA Corporation, PF1
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/
Penguin's lib!       -- I hack, therefore I am --               LPIC-2