[sane-devel] Re: Debian confusion

PaulR.Cormier PaulR.Cormier
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:36:19 -0500

You're welcome.
I checked the Readme file that comes with the sane package in question.  I was surprised that it did not specify a version requirement for GCC.
Versions 2.95.4 and 3.0.4 have worked with Lindows/Linspire, and versions 3.2 and 3.3 may work.
You will also want to check the Readme file for other requirements.
The debian web site will also have instructions on how to use their package tools.  Using those will help to check for other dependencies that need to be addressed.  One note of caution:  Linspire is not yet working at the same release level as debian, so avoid updating things that are not necessary to your goals (or join Linspire's Click-n-Run library program - works fairly well, but up to date releases are not always available).

--
Best regards,

Paul R. Cormier
prcormier@adelphia.net