[sane-devel] sane vs sanei_usb

Mbosowo I Sampson msampson@ic.sunysb.edu
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 18:56:59 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for the reply. It cleared a few things up. I couldn't figure out
why sane_open and sanei_usb_open were being called independently in the
back end I was looking at (hp5400). Turns out that sane_open was calling
5400Open which was a wrapper for sanei_usb_open. I vaguely remember
reading something about why its done this way. Was it in case multiple
back ends were to be loaded? Something to do with unique names to avoid
conflict.

Thanks again for the speedy reply.
                                     Mboso