[sane-devel] Medion MD41985 with kernel 2.6.8

Werner Gast hausknecht@heidefewo.de
Mon, 06 Sep 2004 22:10:49 +0200

Hello,

I'm new to this list. My boss brought this weekend a Medion MD41985 with
him. I think this is a Plustek Optik Pro ST28 OEM Product (Same Specs,
same shop). The Win$ Driver Software nae is: Slim U2 TA.
Sane-find-scanner reports vendor=0x0461 product=0x037b USB Scanner at
libusb:001:006.
Scanimage hangs.

In kernel 2.6.8 there is no usb-scanner module anymore. Libusb does it
all. Is this a problem in my case? Do I need a previos kernel version?

Is there a chance that this scanner could be supported within a
reasonable time or is it better to ask my boss to bring this Medion
scanner back to the shop?

Thanks for your answer in advance

cu

Werner