[sane-devel] Problems with Epson Perfection 1670

Havard Rue hrue@math.ntnu.no
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:39:00 +0200

Dear all,

I have problems with my Epson Perfection 1670 using usb. The same
problems appear for the latest cvs version of sane, and also with
knoppix 3.4 using 2.6 kernel. If I use the `vuescan' software it works
perfectly. I run fedora core 1 with the 2.4.22-1.2199 kernel.

When I do scanning or aquire a preview, it starts to scan but then it
just stop. The cpu goes up to 100% and it just goes on forever. I have
been able to do scan a handful of times, but suddenly it just stop.

enable SANE_DEBUG_XSANE, gives me infty output after the stop, as

[snapscan] sane_snapscan_read (0x859c230, 0xbff16b00, 8192, 0xbff16afc)
[snapscan] RGBRouter_get: remaining=8192, pself->remaining=2172852,
round_req=14868, cb_size=14868
[snapscan] (undef): EOF

Anyone having a clue of what's going on?

Bests,
Havard
--
 Havard Rue