[sane-devel] XSANE ... hotplug & 'mail image' probs.

Adam Bogacki afb@paradise.net.nz
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:53:32 +1200

Having got XSANE working, I have two problems.

(1) I installed hotplug with permissions to allow user access after
hotplugging.
That works. However a problem arises when using Applications -> Graphics
-> XSane as user,
XSane tells me 'no devices available', but on pulling out and
re-inserting the scanner
plug it works. How does one alter permissions to allow the above to work
without
disabling hotplug ?

(2) More seriously, having configured XSane (Preferences -> Mail)
correctly, as far as I am aware
(smtp.paradise.net.nz, port 25; pop.paradise.net.nz, port 110), a test
scan appears to have been mailed but none arrives - either at a friends'
account or at my alternative account. I have checked
Applications -> Desktop Preferences -> Advanced -> File types and
programs -> Internet services ->
'Electronic mail transmission' which is set to protocol 'mailto' and
program 'evolution'.
But the 'sent' mail folder in Evolution has no record of any sent images
from XSane.

What am I missing here ?

Adam Bogacki,
afb@paradise.net.nz