[sane-devel] Problems with scsi filmscanner canon2700

Thomas Loescher mailgrab@gmx.de
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:53:21 +0200

Dear developers and readers,

Since I have sane-backend v 1.0.14 installed I've got serrious (I mean it dpesn't work anymore) problems with my scanner.

I found the following post in the mailinglist, so it seems i#m not the only one.
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2004-July/011669.html

I can verify, that sane-backend 1.0.13 worked for me, because there was another problem with xsane I posted in this list (listen: http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2004-May/010956.html)

Enabling SANE_DEBUG_CANON=255 showd me, that there seems to be some problems with the focus stuff, as also mentioned in the first link.

I also had problems with the command scanimage --help-d canon:/dev/scanner
It gives me "unrecognized option '--help'"

If needed, I can provide a SANE_DEBUG_CANON output.
(any hints howto bring it easy in a file?)

If there is more information needed, I can provide anything you need

Thanks in advance for reading and for giving help to get sane working again

best regards

Thomas Loescher