[sane-devel] Problems with scsi filmscanner canon2700

mitsuru okaniwa m-okaniwa@bea.hi-ho.ne.jp
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:01:03 +0900

Dear Thomas,
Could your canoscan2700F work well on Windows machine?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Loescher" <mailgrab@gmx.de>
To: <sane-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 3:49 AM
Subject: Re: [sane-devel] Problems with scsi filmscanner canon2700

> Unfortunately  and this is REALLY strange I can't find anymore a working
version of sane for me.
> I tried version 1.0.12, 1.0.13, 1.0.14 on Kernel 2.4.22, 2.4.24 and
2.4.26.
> This is a behaviour, I don't understand.
> I will test my scanner on a windows machine next days. I hope, the reason
for my problems is not an out of order scanner.

Well, could your Linux PC find the scanner?
Could you find your scanner by following command?

# cat /proc/scsi/scsi

And could you find your scanner by following command?

# cd /sane-backend-1.0.14/tools/
# ./sane-find-scanner

Or

# scanimage -L

> If you introduced an Autofocus mode in sane 1.0.14 into the canon backend.
why I have also problems with backend 1.0.13 and 1.0.12?

First I modified the original canon-backend for canoscan2700F to use my
canoscanFB620S.
And Ulrich modified the canon-backend I had modified to use his
canoscanFS2710.
And the canon-backend was introduced to sane1.0.12, 1.0.13, 1.0.14....
So, if I changed the code for canoscan2700F in the original canon-backend,
the change may be a cause of this problem.
Therefore, if you have also problems with backend 1.0.13 and 1.0.12, check
of  the original canon-backend for canoscan2700F is useful I think...
But, before your PC worked well with 2700F using sane1.0.13, isn't it?
And about your problem with xsane0.91, Oliver Rauch said as follows;
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2004-May/010996.html
05/11/04

Could the newest version of xsane solve the problem?

I think the last problem that all version of sane cannot work is an another
problem....

> Would it help, to provide some debug output or some straces?
Ok, sane developers are great, so, your debug output will be helpful.

Best regards,

mitsuru okaniwa