[sane-devel] Status of HP ScanJet 4600?

Ethan Glasser-Camp glasse@rpi.edu
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 01:16:21 -0400

--------------enig9C7F83029B76B35EEEE9400D

Hey all,

A friend of mine recently converted to Linux, and has a HP ScanJet 4600
that she'd like to get working under Linux. Is anyone working on a
driver for it? If not, how hard is it to write one? I'm a computer
science undergraduate at Renssalaer Polytechnic Institute in New York.
I'm fluent in C but know next to nothing about hardware interfaces, USB,
or programming for either. I understand that such a job would be a lot
easier if the chipset were similar to a chipset that is already
supported -- does anyone know if this is the case?

Thanks!
--
Ethan Glasser-Camp, self-styled Computersman