[sane-devel] Scanner with Document Feeder / Epson Perfection 4180

D. Sen dsen@homemail.com
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:35:20 +1000

I am looking to buy a scanner with a document feeder to reduce the
amount of paper in my office. Looking through the SANE's list of
supported scanners and cross matching it with scanners that are actually
*currently* available through retailers, I could only come up with the
EPSON Perfection 1680 which seems rather bulky not to mention expensive
(AUS $1853.00 + AUS $913.00 for the ADF).

The distrubutor also quoted the price for an EPSON Perfection 4180 which
is considerably cheaper but is not mentioned on SANE's list of supported
scanners.

I understand the EPSON 3170 works with SANE even though its not
mentioned on the list. So...the question is....has anyone had any
experience getting the Epson 4180 running with linux?

Thanks,
DS