[sane-devel] sane-find-scanner finds Lide20, plustek backend does not

Lloyd Sumpter lsumpter@lynx.net
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:56:04 -0700

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 01:22:01PM -0700, Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
>
>>[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of sanei_usb to 255.
>>[sanei_usb] sanei_usb_init: couldn't open /dev/usb/scanner0: No such device
>>[sanei_usb] sanei_usb_init: found 0 devices
>

> Oh. That means that SANE isn't built with libusb support. It only
> searches for /dev/usb/ but not for libusb devices.

Ah...THAT would explain a lot!

> As your sane-find-scanner program finds libusb devices, maybe you have
> an old installation of the SANE backends without libusb support that's
> used by scanimage?

I'm using the backends that came with Mandrake 10.0, which claim to be
1.0.13. Sounds like I should un-install the Mandrake version of sane and
install from another source (hopefully I won't have to compile...)

Can I just change the backends, or should I change the whole thing?

Thanks for the help!
Lloyd