[sane-devel] Re: Parportscanner Mustek 600 III EP Plus.

Eddy De Greef degreef@imec.be
Thu, 07 Apr 2005 10:08:19 +0200

phmo@punkt.se wrote:
> When I do this, I get :
> strace -o /tmp/scan.txt -E SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK_PP=1 scanimage -L

> ioctl(4, PPSETMODE, 0xbfe8bbe8)         = 0
> write(4, "\30", 1)                      = 0
> ioctl(4, PPSETMODE, 0xbfe8bbe8)         = 0
> read(4,
>
> ........ here it frezzes, nothing happends....

Quoting myself from another thread:

Most probably, you ran into a known kernel bug: when the parport is set
to ECP mode, the kernel thinks it also support EPP mode. When the driver
tries that mode, it gets stuck. The solution is to set your parport to
EPP mode in the BIOS (EPP+ECP may work too, but I've also had problem
reports with that combination).

See also http://home.tiscali.be/EddyDeGreef/Sane -> Known problems

Best regards,

Eddy