[sane-devel] Re: mustek 1200CP+ scanner hangs

Eddy De Greef degreef@imec.be
Thu, 07 Apr 2005 10:03:15 +0200

transnet @ gmx. de wrote:
> Hallo,
> I try to install a mustek 1200CP+ scanner on debian/sarge without
> success with a 2.6.9 and a 2.6.11 kernel.
> This is what is written in the confs:
> /etc/sane.d/mustek_pp.conf:
>   scanner mustek-cis1200+ * cis1200+
>
> /etc/sane.d/dll.conf:
>   mustek
>   mustek_pp
>
> The rest is commented.
> scanimage hangs with both kernels.
> It seems that
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2005-February/013228.html
> had already the same problem.
>
>        Thanks in advance
>        Thomas Feldburg
>
> $ export SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK_PP=128
> $ export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_PA4S2=128
> $ scanimage -L
>
> [sanei_debug] Setting debug level of mustek_pp to 128.
> [sanei_pa4s2] sanei_pa4s2_readbyte: read in EPP mode

Most probably, you ran into a known kernel bug: when the parport is set
to ECP mode, the kernel thinks it also support EPP mode. When the driver
tries that mode, it gets stuck. The solution is to set your parport to
EPP mode in the BIOS (EPP+ECP may work too, but I've also had problem
reports with that combination).

See also http://home.tiscali.be/EddyDeGreef/Sane -> Known problems

Best regards,

Eddy