[sane-devel] Fujitsu Backend Status.

Tyler Hardison thardison@bayfed.com
Thu, 07 Apr 2005 08:03:23 -0700

Hello everyone.

I'm working on a project to remove a proprietary scanning and document
storage suite. Currently we use Fujitsu scanners, the 4097d and the fi-5750.
Both work acceptably for our purposes in SANE currently.

The fi-5750 is a little quirky, setting resolution when in lineart mode
causes the scanner to "hang" resetting the device (and killing the SANE
processes) clears this up.

Ala:

"Doctor it hurts when I do this."

"Then don't do that."

Also, setting resolution in other modes causes the image to "skew" at what
appears to be a linear rate. I can provide samples if needed.

My question is, given the quirkiness of the fi-5750 have I stumbled on a
scanner that "works because it shares similarities with other units" or one
that was being worked on?

Also, what of the other fi5xxx series (which we'll be purchasing soon) could
we expect the same results. Which are actually acceptable?

Thanks!

-- Tyler.

sane-config --version
1.0.15