[sane-devel] Fujitsu Backend Status.

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 13:21:45 -0400 (EDT)

tyler, myself and oliver schirrmeister are maintaining the fujitsu
backend. the support for the fi series is unfortunately limited, i have
access to the 4x20 units, and oliver has at least touched one of the 5xxx
units. i work on a proprietary app that uses the 4120, and i am currently
re-writing it. once i have finished that, i will have a much better handle
on the quirks and may find time to apply them to sane.

the 5110 has been reported to almost work on this list as of late, but i
am awaiting further info from the user. most of the other fi series units
are likely similar, other than the cheapest ones.

if you have any C skills and would like to help out, it has been pretty
easy to make them at least basically function. if not, and you have a way
to give remote shell access or debug logs, i can do some updates to try
and make them work. lack of physical access is a problem.

allan