[sane-devel] connecting to Epson PX-A550 (CX4600)

Sean Bruno sean.bruno@dsl-only.net
Thu, 07 Apr 2005 13:55:21 -0700

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 13:34 +0900, David D. Smith wrote:
> I am attempting to use an Epson PX-A550 (US model CX4600) using the
> epkowa backend (1.0.195 in sane-backends 1.0.15) from an IBM ThinkPad
> X40 laptop using kernel 2.6.11 and libusb 0.1.10a both from Debian
> GNU/Linux. sane-find-scanner finds the scanner but when I try to use
> it e.g. with scanimage -L, it fails. Attached is a debug log captured
> with `SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=128 SANE_DEBUG_DLL=128
> SANE_DEBUG_EPKOWA=128 scanimage -L` and my /proc/bus/usb/devices file
> at that time. My dll.conf file only contains the single entry for
> epkowa as this scanner is supported only by that driver. The error
> point is the first time epkowa attempts to send the initialize command
> to the device; the command apparently never reaches the scanner
> because libusb returns a "No such file or directory" error immediately
> when trying to talk to the found endpoint. I can't tell if something
> is failing earlier in the initialization.

I have this exact model sitting in my office right now.  The only config
change that I made to it was adding it's USB ID's to epson.conf.  After
that, it just worked.

If it really is the same as the US CX4600(has USBID of 04b8:080d) then
it should behave the same as mine does.

Sean