[sane-devel] connecting to Epson PX-A550 (CX4600)

Russ russbucket@centurytel.net
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 17:11:44 -0700

On Wednesday 06 April 2005 09:34 pm, David D. Smith wrote:
> I am attempting to use an Epson PX-A550 (US model CX4600) using the
> epkowa backend (1.0.195 in sane-backends 1.0.15) from an IBM ThinkPad
> X40 laptop using kernel 2.6.11 and libusb 0.1.10a both from Debian
> GNU/Linux. sane-find-scanner finds the scanner but when I try to use
> it e.g. with scanimage -L, it fails. Attached is a debug log captured
> with `SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=128 SANE_DEBUG_DLL=128
> SANE_DEBUG_EPKOWA=128 scanimage -L` and my /proc/bus/usb/devices file
> at that time. My dll.conf file only contains the single entry for
> epkowa as this scanner is supported only by that driver. The error
> point is the first time epkowa attempts to send the initialize command
> to the device; the command apparently never reaches the scanner
> because libusb returns a "No such file or directory" error immediately
> when trying to talk to the found endpoint. I can't tell if something
> is failing earlier in the initialization.
>
> Any advice greatly appreciated,

I'm using SUSE 9.1.
I had to make the following links in /usr/lib since the EPKOWA driver wanted
an earlier versions  libcrypto.so.0.9.6 and libssl.so.0.9.6:
	ln -s libcrypto.so.0.9.7 libcrypto.so.0.9.6
	ln -s libssl.so.0.9.7 libssl.so.0.9.6

Also the following may help you even though its for SuSE.
	http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2004/10/jsmaix_scanner-setup-92.html

Hope I read this link correctly.

--
Russ