[sane-devel] Re: connecting to Epson PX-A550 (CX4600)

David D. Smith davidsmith@acm.org
Fri, 08 Apr 2005 17:13:09 +0900

--=-=-=

 "Russ" =3D=3D Russ  <russbucket@centurytel.net> writes:

  Russ> I'm using SUSE 9.1.  I had to make the following links in
  Russ> /usr/lib since the EPKOWA driver wanted an earlier versions
  Russ> libcrypto.so.0.9.6 and libssl.so.0.9.6:
  Russ> 	ln -s libcrypto.so.0.9.7 libcrypto.so.0.9.6 ln -s
  Russ> 	libssl.so.0.9.7 libssl.so.0.9.6

  Russ> Also the following may help you even though its for SuSE.
  Russ> 	http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2004/10/jsmaix_scanner-setup-92.html

  Russ> Hope I read this link correctly.

Hi Russ, thanks for your comments. First of all, that link is giving
me a 404 and I was not able to find an older copy on archive.org; do
you know where else I can find it? Second, as my
/usr/lib/libsane-epkowa.so is not linked with libcrypto or libssl, I
don't think that making those symlinks is relevant, especially given
the debug log I attached to my original mail. This is quite clearly
not an SSL related issue and I'm almost completely sure it's not a
configuration issue; something is misbehaving between epkowa, sanei
usb, libusb, my USB host controller, and the printer. Stepping through
all of that with GDB, I have been unable to find fault in the
software, so I'm asking the developers to look at my debug log and my
devices file and see if they spot anything that I can do to debug it
further. I should also say that the printing functionality of this
device is working fine so I have reason to suspect it is not my host
controller, though that is going through a completely different
interface (usblp) so I am not sure.

Thanks again,
=2D-=20
  David D. Smith