[sane-devel] Re: Parportscanner Mustek 600 III EP Plus.

Eddy De Greef degreef@imec.be
Fri, 08 Apr 2005 12:25:34 +0200

phmo@punkt.se wrote:
> Can you give me the link to the bug page, please ?

I don't think that there is a real bug page, but I've once reported it
to the parport mailing list:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-parport/2004-September/000162.html

> Is there somone working on that bug ?

I don't think so. It is pretty old and hairy code (dealing with all
kinds of different hardware) and the original author isn't actively
working on it any more.

>> when the parport is set to ECP mode, the kernel thinks it also support
>> EPP mode.
>> When the driver tries that mode, it gets stuck.
>
> Ok then, so it is a kernelbug, my typical luck !
>
>> The solution is to set your parport to EPP mode in the BIOS
>
> Ok, done that !
> but I have to experiment with some parport_pc alternative first in my
> etc/modprobe.conf  (according to Jochen's advise)  I think, because it
> still not working.

Then there may be something else going wrong.
The debug output may reveal something.
Have you tried this already?

   export SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK_PP=128
   export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_PA4S2=128