[sane-devel] Insights from a newbie backend writer...

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Sat, 9 Apr 2005 09:55:20 -0400 (EDT)

if it makes you feel any better, there are a dozen people on this list in
the same boat. i dont know of any lawsuits that have occurred so far. in
fact, the opposite might be more likely to be true, as vendors realize the
utility of a package that means they dont have to write drivers for
several platforms. i would expect support from some vendors to increase as
time goes on. other vendors, especially those of cheap crap, may never
come around.

allan