[sane-devel] CinePaint and sane

Rene Rebe rene@exactcode.de
Sun, 10 Apr 2005 11:24:14 +0200

Hi Robin - hi all,

Robin Rowe wrote:

> The GIMP plugin interface is too restrictive. The new CinePaint
> interface is a shared memory framebuffer. Independent applications will
> be able to directly access CinePaint images in memory, not have to
> launch from within CinePaint.
>
> We're looking into adapting flscan to make it CinePaint-aware. Is flscan
> a good starting point for scanner support?

I'm the author of the Avision backend and have (multiple) 16bit per
channel scanners here in the office - and the SANE/Avision backend
already supports 16bit scanning for some time now.

In my position of project leader of T2 (a System Development Environment
- http://www.t2-project.org) I'm accidently also the packager of
cinepaint (http://www.t2-project.org/packages/cinepaint.html) and
inherently interested in 16bps imaging under Linux.

I have never heared about flscan before - so - well - no idea ...

What help do you need on your plugin side? Also note that you will need
a seperate code-path for TWAIN support under OS X and Windows ...

Yours,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
             http://www.exactcode.de/ | http://www.t2-project.org/